Saturday, November 8, 2008

Stuffed french toast - Part II

A few weeks ago I made the most amazing stuffed french toast. It was quite eye opening, because as I mentioned in that post stuffed french toast is my favorite brunch item and now I can make it in the comfort of my home and make it healthy! So I’ve had a few ideas about how to make other variations of it, and could not wait for a leisurely weekend morning to implement it!

I’ve been talking a lot lately about how much I love bananas with nut butters, so today’s stuffed french toast was inspired by this great combo. Here it is, a peanut butter/banana stuffed french toast:

I used 2 sliced of Arnold double fiber bread. One of the slices I covered with about 1/2 sliced banana, the other one with 1 tablespoon of TJ’s natural creamy peanut butter. I put the two together, and dunk them in the mixture of 1/4 cup of egg beater, 1/4 cup skim milk and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract (there was a bunch of the mix left so maybe the bread absorbed only half of it). I then grilled the “sandwich” on the pan (sprayed with Pam) for about 3 minutes on each side. Some more sliced banana on top, sifted confectionery sugar and voila. Yummy healthy breakfast! Here is a picture of my first, double decker bite :)

It was quite delicious. I’m going to play with this combo more. I think maybe a little bit of greek yogurt or ricotta and chocolate could be good in there too. More peanut butter would also be awesome, but I am working with a calorie “budget” here, so let’s not go crazy. We’ll see what happens next time :D

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I'll be back later with the rest of the day's eats.

1 comment:

HangryPants said...

Oooh it looks fabulous. So decadent, but not really!